Friday, August 24, 2012

Road Trip Anxiety

Early tomorrow I leave for a long road trip with my husband Chuck.  We are hauling our Harleys to Iowa for a national bike show.  This will be our first major trip together without our children.  I have major anxiety about leaving my 17 year old son.  We have plenty of back-up family to check in on him.  The funny thing is, he is so excited to be alone and I am stressing out!  I bought him enough food for a month and he was laughing saying "wait, how long will you be gone?".  Reminder list on the fridge for him to remember to feed the cats, clean the litter box, check the mail, Monday trash day, etc.....The anxiety is almost not worth going.  I always want to travel, but when it comes down to actually leaving I start to feel ill with all the "what if's".  Plus I get really homesick for my house and cats.  Oh, I'm a mess!



No comments:

Post a Comment