Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Remember Cary's Quote!

The drive home was not enjoyable!  We took the quicker way (1400 miles instead of 1500 ha ha) through a portion of Missouri, all of Kansas, pan handle of Oklahoma and Texas to New Mexico then Arizona.

The GPS unit led us through the weirdest highway.  During the night, we felt like we were in the Twilight Zone because each little town we drove through looked the same.  It would have a big industrial building on the right and small shacks on the left.  I don't know what the industry was but it sure was smelly.  These town would appear about every 30 miles.  Each time we stopped for gas, it was creepy.  We drove until 3:00 in the morning until we found a decent town with a nice hotel.  

We left early in the morning, so I think I had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep.  For me, I knew the worst part of the trip was coming up........New Mexico.  I'm sorry but I think it is the ugliest state I have driven through.  How can anything survive in that rocky desert land?


Sorry Cary Grant but I think I might cry because it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment