Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween, Owls, Book Update and My Boyfriend

Happy Halloween

A touch of vintage.....

I finished LIFE AFTER DEATH last night & for me this is very Halloween appropriate, because I can't think of anything scarier than being in prison.  It broke my heart thinking of an 18 year old being sent to death row for a crime he did not commit.  Damien was in prison for 18 years enduring beatings, solitude and unjust inhumane treatment. It's a wonder he survived!  I don't think I would have been as strong. Thank you Damien for sharing your story. 
PS. My youngest will be 18 in February & I can't imagine this happening to him!

Which leads to my "boyfriend" (ha ha I wish), Eddie  who recommended the book.  He was a big supporter in releasing Damien.  I'll be seeing him in concert this Sunday night!!!!  I can't wait.  On the bucket list to see Eddie.


4 comments:

  1. Oh man, NO he's my boyfriend. Really seriously though he lives in my neighborhood! His house is about 1 mile from here but it's secluded down by the water. Have you seen the beautiful video of his on You tube of the song called Can't Keep? Amazingly brilliant and he's so incredibly sexy, gets better with age.
    Thanks for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love motorcycles too! I have an old Honda, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, thanks for viewing my blog. I'll have to fight you for Eddie! Jealous that you live in the same neighborhood! I love the "Can't Keep" video & song. So beautiful & I love how he really gets into his songs, let's loose.

    We have 2 Harley Davidsons & love to ride.

    XX

    ReplyDelete