Monday, October 8, 2012

Return of the Javelina

A few weeks ago, I posted about my squash plant and how it was thriving.  I have been tending to it faithfully every day.  You may think this is ridiculous but it is so hard to grow a garden here in Prescott.  I always go outside with my morning coffee and check on it's progress.  Low and behold the javelina returned in the middle of the night.   They ate all the leaves, flowers and most of the stems.  I know it was those pesky critters because of the hoof prints and I found a chunk of their hair.  I also noticed the last of my apples are gone from my tree.  I think they shake the branches to make the apples fall.  It must be a tough life for a javelina always having to scavenge for food.  Maybe next year I will have rock garden instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment