Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sister Time

Sister Time
See this gorgeous sandwich?  If you want the freshest, melt in your mouth, homemade like mama food....go to Pana Bianco on North Central Ave. in Phoenix.  

This was our first stop on sister day for Jill's birthday.

The arugula salad was out of this world earthy fresh with goat cheese, sweet pecans & an apple cider vinaigrette. 

The chef came to our table to chat.  We were informed they grow their own wheat in Arizona & he took us to the back room where they have a mill (from Austria) to grind into flour.  I was impressed.

Next stop was the Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix.  I was most impressed with the squash blossom necklaces & believe it or not the bolo tie exhibit.  Sorry, no photos.

The sisters are getting old & were really party poopers on the shopping.  I did manage to get them into Anthropology, Z Gallery, Prada and Michael Kors which I think was our favorite.  
I want these Michael Kors Python boots for motorcycle riding, but instead was practical & bought Dansko shoes for antiquing.  

Late night dinner at The Parlor.  Very cool top rated in Phoenix restaurant.  The building used to be a beauty parlor, thus the name.  We shared octopus, cauliflower and a Hawaiian pizza all homemade ingredients.   So delicious!

Got my Sprinkles Cupcakes fix.  I suggested this for the birthday girl (but really for me ha!)

2 comments: