Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Goats Love Scrub Oak

The most enjoyable part of my day.....



 going through my yard, cutting scrub oak bush leaves to bring to the goats.  It's like candy to them.  Rowland & Ciggy get so excited, they run to the gate.............


devouring the leaves in a few minutes.   Just when I think I've cut enough branches for them, I repeat the whole process again.  I've been too lazy to purchase proper boots and just keep my UGG slippers by the back door.  Every time I think I'm going to twist my ankle or fall.  Most of my one acre is rather hilly.  I have lost my balance a few times.


The scrub oak bushes are rather ugly in my opinion, but the goats sure do love them.

During my illness, my daughter was home from college and she took care of the babies for me.  Now she is back at school and I'm having a hard time recovering.  The main complaint is exhaustion.  Every night I think...tomorrow I will get up early, do my chores, get some healthy groceries, go for a walk, get in some antique work.....but NO!  I just go back to bed or lay on the couch.  I need to feel better and mainly I need some energy.  Taking care of the goats is all I seem to manage or want to do.  It is making me depressed thinking of all the things I should be doing.  My house, laundry, work and groceries are suffering dearly. I feel another crying jag coming on!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are taking a long time to recover and getting frustrated in getting other things done. I hope you will gain more energy each day. The goats look such characters!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I'm actually feeling a lot better today. Funny thing though....I've been up all night and day. Now it seems I'm in a reversal and having insomnia. XXX

      Delete
  2. Janice it is so nice to meet you. I am so glad you are following me and now I am your newest follower. So sorry you have been sick. Totally know how you feel. It is so hard to wake up. Your goats are so cute. Love there names.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete