Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bridge Over Troubled Water


When you are an atheist where do turn in times of trouble?  It's even harder being brought up in a strict Protestant religion, that you don't believe in anymore.  The only training you had was to pray to god.  Now who do you turn to.



It's the other people.  The interference of too many problems from the people around you.
The constant stain they put on you.  Siblings mostly.



But nothing compares to the hell this little girl was put through.  True story of an unwanted Chinese girl.  My heart breaks for her.  Mean, mean abusive step-mother.  Uncaring father.  Abusive and mean siblings.  I would like to go kick their asses.



On a lighter note..........first time at making Spring Rolls.  I think they turned out alright.
Filled with mint, basil, carrots, cucumber, red peppers, green onion, cilantro and few noodles for substance.  Served with peanut satay sauce.

"When you're weary 
Feeling small 
When tears are in your eyes 
I will dry them all 

I'm on your side 
When times get rough 
And friends just can't be found 
Like a bridge over troubled water 
I will lay me down"

2 comments:

  1. That spring roll looks absolutely gorgeous, it's a work of art on a plate. xxx

    ReplyDelete