Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky



Hello Friends!  First I want to mention that I am an animal lover and would never harm a creature.  My last blog post might have scared a few people with the title "Javelina Makes A Nice Pair of Gloves".  Also, my goats are purely pets.  No milking, breeding or any animal cruelty.  My pets are brushed, fed, played with and spoiled.  Just wanted to clear that issue up first.  I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a month.  The illness hit me again and I was unable to even look at the computer without feeling delirious, dizzy and nauseous.  I'm sure I've missed some great post from other bloggers.  
Rowland my cute little goat!
I did manage to attend an estate sale I was invited to last week.  I will drag my sick body out of the house rain or shine for a big sale.  I bought this 70's dress for $1.00!



                                                Also, this vintage raincoat for $1.00

Rain hats and sewing pattern box.
I think I'll do an April Showers display in my booth.

Other miscellaneous finds all cheap.  Mysterious big ring tested silver, what is it though?

After being cooped up for so long, I went for a nice walk along the Pevine Trail in the Granite Dells.  It's a beautiful area with large granite rock formations.

The trail used to be railroad tracks for the Santa Fe, Prescott and Phoenix  line that is now extinct.  Twenty five years ago, we used to walk along the tracts and pull up old date nails from the rails.  We sort of made a game of it with the kids, finding dates from the 1920's and 30's.

Watson Lake peeking through...

It's good to be alive and not taken up to the "spirit in the sky"!



3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! I bloody love that 1970s dress and that raincoat, I'd die if I came across those! Your scenery is truly gorgeous. Hope you feel loads better soon. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have been still poorly how frustrating it must be for you! Your walk looks lovely the sky is so blue, hope it lifted your spirits.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you didn't see the link on my blog, here it is:
    http://vintagevixon.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/dear-diary.html
    Copy and paste it into Google and it should work! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete