Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Turquoise Gods Rain on Me

I couldn't believe my luck yesterday!  It happened to be my day to work at the antique store with Linda.  We were having a conversation about how I was just learning to love turquoise jewelry after living in Arizona for 38 of my 50 years.  I was telling her how I would love to have a squash blossom necklace.  Within 10 minutes or so, a lady walked in with a box of turquoise and silver jewelry!  In this was the necklace I'm wearing above.  I asked how much she wanted for everything and she said $200.00!  Linda and I bought everything.  She knew I wanted the necklace so a fair deal was to let her have everything else.  I still can't believe I finally own a squash blossom necklace!
Predominately they were made by the Navajo Tribe.
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
These necklaces are getting harder to find as most are in museums or sell for thousands of dollars.

It is signed Joe T Lowe who would have been the silversmith.  I searched for information on him and found that his hallmarks are from the 1970's when Native American jewelry was at it's peak.

I am so happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment